Reserve & Resource Evaluation
Expert Economic Evaluations
MHA has extensive experience in converting complex technical reservoir data, production forecasts, and economic information into comprehensive reserve and resource evaluations for working interests, mineral interest holders, and ORRIs. MHA has conducted hundreds of reserve and resource evaluations in the U.S. and internationally, onshore and offshore, under various scenarios defined by the PRMS, SEC, and NI 51-101.
Examples of reserves and economic valuation projects include:
- Screening projects for several local Denver banks for the purpose of establishing equity loans and/or lines of credit
- Acquisition and divestiture support for domestic and international transactions ranging in value from $5 million to over $3 billion
- Periodic reserves reporting for domestic and international clients, both private and publicly traded companies, including project screening for lending and company/client audits
- Preparation of reserves assessment, financial models, and economic valuation for three recent large acquisition transactions in Australia involving unconventional gas resources ranging in value from $500 million AUD to over $3.5 billion AUD
- Development of production forecasts, reserves estimates, and complex economic models in support of a successful $7 billion acquisition of unconventional reservoir assets in the U.S.
- Preparation of reserves estimates, complex economic models, and economic valuation for multiple field development scenarios across 5 large production sharing contracts under arbitration in Asia